2009年9月25日 星期五

Notes on My Live Performance

After finishing my digital instrument, I wanted to perform a piece that would demonstrate the looping function. The limited amount of time is really the main issue of this final assignment. In order to come up with a piece in two days, means that I won’t have much time to practice. So I decided to perform the “Godfather waltz” (the main theme of the movie Godfather). The reason I chose this piece is because I had plenty of freedom to manipulate the song. Another reason is because it is a waltz, I could use the cello mode to play the rhythmic part and loop it, while I use the violin mode to play on top of it.

It took me some time to get the music score done. I listen to the original song on Youtube while trying to modify it into a version that could be easier for the instrument to play. The modified version basically consists of three parts: the first part is the beginning of the song, which is a solo played by the violin mode; the second is the rhythmic part, which is played by the cello mode right after opening and then looping it; the last part is switching back to the violin mode and play on top of the loop. And I faded out the looping as the ending. Overall, it is not a very hard song to play after I got use to the controls, and since I specially modified it for my instrument. One technical issue is that it is hard to time the looping, and which was the reason I had to redo it on the performance day.

沒有留言:

張貼留言